- How many cups of coffee per day? 4 – 5 though I am trying to replace my last one with Green Tea more regularly. It sounds worse than it is though as my idea of coffee is pathetic to everyone else. They joke about waving the coffee jar over the water, or the fact that it looks like dishwater. I like my coffee really weak.
- What is your favourite caffeine delivery system? If this means how do I usually have it – at home I have just discovered Moccona instant flavoured coffees (not sweet) – Caramel, Hazelnut and Vanilla. I am just trying to decide which one I like best and how to combine them. I don’t think I will go back to the normal stuff now. My life has actually changed for the better. I am an addict. At work it’s just the coffee machine, but I don’t let myself have the frothed milk as it’s too fattening, even skimmed.
- What was your best cup of coffee? When I was 15 I went to Sicily and discovered Café Granita. OMG I still dream of those. Every cafe you went to made it slightly differently and it was refreshing, sweet, creamy, everything!! I must have had about 100 in 2 weeks. I have seen the recipes and keep meaning to make it at home but I daren’t. I tried once when I first got back to London but all I had was a hammer and ice and my stepdad’s revolting Chicory coffee. Yuk. But here is a Café Granita. Kind of similar to Affogato – hot coffee with ice-cream. Yum
- What was your worst cup of coffee? Probably that one I tried to make to recreate a Café Granita. If I get a slushy machine though I am trying again.
- What does your favourite mug say? My current favourite mug is almost like a ball, really large with pink starbursts on it. If a cup is too small I regularly finish the coffee without noticing and get really disappointed as I reach for another sip and it’s gone. It happens all the time when I am not in the present. I therefore have a big collection of large mugs. My favourite was a Christmas stocking gift from the kids one year and I get cranky if anyone else uses it. It doesn’t say anything on it. I quite like a cup at work that says OMG on one side and WTF on the other. Sorry for swearing!
The people I would love to invite for coffee are:
Yaz of course from Free Your Mind – we could compare all the countries each of us have lived in and then I would just let her do all the talking (almost impossible for me though when I’m happy) as she has so much to teach the world
Diane from The One Thing I Know for Sure – as she is already a fan of Yaz also, it would be amazing. Diane and I could discuss notes on writing fiction and crafting and a million other things
Little Miss Wordy – I like people who talk a lot so we can bounce off each other and I don’t feel I am hogging the conversation. If I haven’t confused my bloggers I think she lives in Puerto Rico at present (please confirm) so I think we should hold the coffee at her place
Colin DeWaay from uberbeastmode – He’s my biggest supporter on my other blog – Blog Myself Thin so he’s lovely and encouraging and would stop me eating tonnes of cakes and biscuits with my coffee
Adriana from Bent People – I gather she is in Sydney so this may become a reality one day. She might even get this naturally stiff old body into trying yoga again
Sara Jane from 140 Days of New Me – she has a beautiful singing voice and is fantastic at make-up too (has a second blog) so she could make us all over and entertain us as well as be part of the conversation. She also has a big heart!! Malta‘s not too far is it?
I’ve decided that the best part of blogging is not just the insights you get as you spill whatever’s on your mind day after day but the friends you make. These are just a few of the people very close to my heart that I have come across through blogging. But I love you all 🙂